Himachal makes negative RT-PCR report mandatory for tourists entering state

In view of the increasing Covid cases in the state, Himachal Pradesh has made negative RT-PCR report mandatory for tourists entering the state. The Disaster Management Cell of the Revenue Department on Wednesday issued an advisory recommending Covid-appropriate behaviour. It has been recommended that an RT-PCR negative report not older than 72 hours should be carried by those visiting the state for tourism. Those carrying Covid vaccine certificates, one or both jabs, will be allowed to enter the state. These restrictions will remain in force till further orders. It has been recommended that Covid-appropriate behaviour be adopted. The government has admitted that there had been a surge in cases due to irresponsible behaviour, especially in public transport and at gatherings. Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur on Wednesday said that in view of the spike in Covid cases, some restrictions are likely to be put in place and a final decision will be taken by the cabinet at its meeting on August 9. He added that the Covid situation was discussed by the cabinet on Tuesday and it was felt that some restrictions would have to be put in place. Sources said the RT-PCR report would be mandatory only for tourists and not for locals. Those who have had both Covid vaccines will be allowed to enter without an RT-PCR report. The total active cases in the state which had dipped to 800 have now crossed 1,400 with almost 200 new cases being added daily.

Read more

Goa makes RT-PCR reports mandatory for Kerala travellers

Goa has made RT-PCR reports mandatory for travellers coming from Kerala. Karnataka and Tamil Nadu too have announced the same plan for people coming from Kerala. As of now, anyone from Kerala, planning a trip to Goa, will now have to submit COVID-19 negative report to enter the state. The revised government order states, “For those carrying Covid negative test report only RT-PCR test will be accepted in case of a person coming from Kerala) for a test done a maximum of 72 hours prior to entering in Goa.” Before this, the government of Goa was accepting negative Rapid Antigen Test reports. But, after the COVID case hike in Kerala, the Goan government changed its protocols for Kerala specially, and stated that only negative RT-PCR reports would be accepted. The revised government order also mentions that casinos, river cruises, waterparks, spas, halls, and entertainment zones within multiplexes would remain closed until further announcement. In fact, the state government has also capped the number of people attending any event at 100 people or 50 percent of the hall capacity, whichever is less. Also, such events can’t be organized without the approval of DM/SDM. Given the rising cases of Delta variant in the country, Goa also has limited number of people at public places to five, except for official functions. Not only this, the restaurants and bars in the state have been asked to reduce their capacity to 50 percent. Government was forced to take such strict actions after Goa recorded 90 new cases of COVID on Monday.

Read more

IndiGo Announces 15th Anniversary Offers on Air Travel Between Sept 1 and March 26

To celebrate its 15 years of operations, airline major IndiGo on Wednesday announced a three-day special sale offering all-inclusive fares starting from Rs 915 on its domestic and international connections. Accordingly, the offer will be live from August 4-6, 2021 and will be applicable on travel between September 1, 2021 till March 26, 2022. “Additionally, the ‘6E’ add-ons including ‘Fast Forward, 6E Flex, 6E Bagport’ are being offered at Rs 315 while the ‘Car Rental’ service will start at Rs 315." According to Ronojoy Dutta, Chief Executive Officer, IndiGo: “It is a momentous occasion for us as we celebrate 15 fulfilling years. We would like to express our gratitude towards our customers and employees for their confidence in us even during the worst times." At present, IndiGo with its fleet of more than 270 aircraft, the airline is operating around 1,000 daily flights and connecting 67 domestic destinations and 24 international destinations.

Read more

Andaman and Nicobar Administration to re-open all tourists activities in South, North, Middle Andaman district

Port Blair, Aug 04 (UNI) In view of the steady decline in cases of COVID-19 in Andaman Nicobar Islands an order has been issued by the Director of Andaman’s Tourism Department regarding the reopening of all Tourism activities in South Andaman and North Middle Andaman District. This order, issued last evening, has brought a ray of hope for thousands of people, who are directly and indirectly dependent on Tourism for livelihood and due to lockdowns they have suffered heavy financial loss. However, the reopening is subjected to the fulfillment of all advisory and SOP's set by the Andaman and Nicobar Administration viz General Advisory, SOP's for COVID-19 Testing for Tourist coming to the Andaman Islands, SOP's for the opening of Light & Sound Show at National Memorial Cellular Jail, SOP's for the opening of Light & Sound Show at Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Islands, SOPs for the opening of beaches in South Andaman and North & Middle Andaman District except Nicobar District, SOPs for the opening of Museums, SOPs for the opening of Snorkeling and Boat Rides and SOP's for the opening of Scuba Diving and Sea Walk, Sea Kart, Jet Ski and Parasailing Activity etc. According to the reopening order any other orders or advisories issued by Govt. of India, A&N Administration or any other Competent Authority will also have to be followed, as applicable. People associated with Tourism Industry however know that this order will not bring big fortune for Andaman Tourism overnight, but this a commendable step to begin with, as it brings hopes to thousands of families and Andaman Tourism can finally prepare for the coming Tourism Season. But the major hurdle will be soaring airfare and the expected 3rd wave of COVID-19 for which Administration and all stakeholders of Andaman Tourism will have to plan things together. Earlier, the A&N Administration had received a number of requests for re-opening of Tourism activities in South Andaman and North & Middle Andaman District. Considering the demand for re-opening of Tourism activities in South Andaman and North & Middle Andaman District, the Tourism activities have now been allowed to operate in both the Districts except Nicobar District. Meanwhile, the COVID-19 situation is more or less under control in Andaman, as per last update received there are only 06 COVID-19 active cases in Andaman and Nicobar Islands and since the beginning total 7540 people have been tested COVID-19 positive in this UT out of which 7405 people have recovered. In the first and second waves of COVID-19 altogether 129 deaths have been recorded due to COVID-19 infection in Andaman and Nicobar Islands.

Read more

Planning a trip to Maharashtra? Know these lockdown conditions for 25 districts

Maharashtra is the latest state to relax COVID-19 lockdowns from Tuesday onwards. The easing of restrictions would be applicable to those areas where COVID positivity rate is low. At least 25 such districts will see relaxations in the coming days. These districts will have extended business hours for shops and malls, among other things. According to Maharashtra Health Minister Rajesh Tope, 25 of the 36 districts have reached the third level, and have a good recovery rate. These districts can have relaxations. On the other hand, 11 other districts have either very less recovery rate, or no recovery at all. These districts will not see a relaxation. Restrictions will continue in Kolhapur, Sangli, Satara, Pune, Ratnagiri, Singhudurg, Solapur, Ahmednagar, Beed, Raigad, and Palghar districts. All essential and non-essential shops will now be allowed to open until 8 PM on weekdays, and until 3 PM on Saturdays. Shops will remain closed on Sundays. It has also been announced that playgrounds and public gardens will be open for walkers, joggers, etc. Government and private offices will open with full capacity, and work hours need to be adjusted in order to avoid crowds of commuters. Moreover, those offices that can operate from home should continue to do so. Agricultural activity, civil works, industrial activity, transportation of goods to remain operational. Gyms, yoga centres, salons, beauty parlours, and spas can operate until 8 AM on weekdays, and 3 PM on Saturdays. However, air conditioning will not be in use for such establishments. On the other hand, restaurants and hotels can operate only up till 4 PM

Read more

Covid19: THIS Place in India Becomes First Fully Vaccinated Travel Destination

Owing to the Covid situation in the country, vaccination against the deadly virus plays a very vital role. In this context, Vythiri in Wayanad district has become the first fully vaccinated travel destination in Kerala. Isn’t that incredible? Vythiri in Kerala’s Wayanad had its entire population, including tourism service providers, vaccinated against Covid-19. Check details This was done as part of the State’s Covid-19 vaccination campaign to turn all tourism destinations completely risk-free for visitors, the government said on Thursday. It became the first holiday hub to cover the entire population including tourism sector stakeholders under the initiative,according to a release. “In the post-pandemic phase visitors will be looking for safe and hospitable places to spend time.The Government considers it as vitally important to administer Covid-19 vaccine to the entire stakeholders in all the destinations across the state,” Tourism Minister P A Mohamed Riyas said in the release. Rolled out on mission-mode to keep the whole of Kerala ready to receive visitors when the pandemic recedes, the inoculation drive has picked up momentum in all destinations including hill stations, backwater hubs, seaside holiday spots and heritage and cultural tourism centres across the state.

Read more